A good friend of mine is getting curious about anal play. He and his partner have experimented a little bit with fingers up his bum (which worked out really well), but now she’s a little unsure about continuing – while he’s definitely wanting to experiment more with those good sensations! So, knowing that I’m a bit of a butt-slut, he came to me for some advice about what toys to try, and how to do so safely.
Which made me happy!
One of the nice things about buttplugs is that if your arms are long enough (or you’re flexible enough) you can play with them yourself. My own solo forays haven’t always been all that successful – I know I prefer it with a partner – but once you’ve got the hang of it, there’s nothing to stop you wearing a plug while you’re having a little solo wank time, as well as working it into your partner-sex repertoire.
INTRODUCING ANAL PLAY TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP
Here are some specifics. Some may sound like repeats, but they’re all vital, I promise.
- Take it very slowly. Think you’re going slow enough? Slow down more!
- Always use lots of lube, and get as messy as you like with it (a towel below will save your sheets). You can’t have too much lube when it comes to anal play. (Better too much than too little, believe me!)
- Make sure you’ve gone to the loo first. Empty your bladder – and do your best to have a shit. Also, it’s best not to have eaten spicy that day …
- If you want to have an enema or douche first, that’s okay. It’s not obligatory, though. Some people feel more relaxed if they’ve had one – some people get off on having one.
- The first few times you’re playing anally, it’s better to stick to fingers (this can be you touching yourself, or your partner touching you). Make sure the nails are short and smooth, and wear gloves if you’re more comfortable with that. Apply lube to the anal area and to your fingers/hands, then touch around the outside of the anus, circling the pucker and teasing the entrance. Enter a little way (gently!) and let the area get used to the intrusion.
- Pay attention to your reactions. Make sure you’re giving your partner verbal feedback so she knows how you’re doing.
- Make sure that everything moves slowly. Anything that’s inserted, insert slowly. Anything that’s removed, remove slowly. If you’re turning a finger or a toy inside yours anus, turn it slowly. There are a lot of nerves in the anal area and they’ll all be sensitised by this.
MOVING ONTO BUTTPLUGS
- Make sure any toy you are going to put in your arse has a flared (wide) base. Buttplugs are designed this way, as are many dildos. However not all toys are – and a lot of what you see in porn is not safe toy insertion. Using a toy with a flared-based is essential, as the intestines are not a closed system – you don’t want to lose a toy up there and have to explain it to the hospital Emergency Department staff…
- Lube lube lube! Apply it mostly to the tip of the buttplug, then circling it down the toy. Don’t put in on the base, or it’ll be too slippery to hold.
- If it makes you more comfortable, put a condom on the toy. But if the plug is made from medical-grade silicone or from glass then it is able to be sterilised. Just so you know.
- You may need to try out different positions. This can vary from person to person and from toy to toy. The most simple are on hands and knees with your butt in the air; and on your back with your knees raised (sometimes with a pillow beneath the upper bottom).
- Communication remains really important. You and your partner will need to work together to get the angle of insertion right (often it’s not possible to see what you’re doing at this point!).
- Make sure the insertion goes really slowly. Different plugs are shaped differently – but the majority are slim are the tip and then increase in size.
- Move at the speed that you, as the partner being penetrated, are comfortable with. Breathing deeply, combined with gentle pressure on the exhale, may be helpful for easing the plug in.
- Once the plug is in place, you may feel like you need to poop. If you’ve already been to the loo beforehand (and/or had an enema), you’ll be less stressed at this point. That said, if the feeling persists or is really strong, it may be a good idea to remove the plug and go to the bathroom.
- When you’ve had enough and want the plug removed, or pulled back, make sure it’s done slowly.
- Keep the lube handy! Reapply if the plug starts to stick, or isn’t moving as easily.
- Don’t spill this on your lino! Or the carpet. Or anywhere really.
- This is only to be used with fingers/hands/glass toys.
- It is entirely safe to use with condoms, and for vaginal intercourse as well as anal.
- Never use a silicone lubricant with a silicone toy – the two interact in a very not-good way, and the toy will be destroyed.
- It’s great fun for play in the shower, as well, as water doesn’t wash it away (although soap does).
- More versatile than silicone lubricant. Safe for use with silicone toys, and everything else.
- Will need to be reapplied more often.
- If you’re using the pump bottle, pump gently or you’ll get lube on the wall!
- Their smallest, beginners plug is the Pendant. And it is dinky! Because at the tip it’s smaller than a little finger, the anus adjusts pretty swiftly.
- From there, it’s up to the Jewel. It’s quite easy to wear, and very comfortable. The nice thing about their plugs is the shaped base, which nestles quite comfortably between my cheeks. It does grab my arse hairs after a while though!
- The next one up from that is the Gem, which is very slightly larger again. I have one of those now too
- Flexi Felix from Fun Factory – Cute and silicone. I adore mine. If you are okay with how he looks, go for him!
- Bendybeads from Fun Factory are good. They’re also silicone, and fun to use. (Hylas has some of these.)
- Glass Ripple Dildo with Anal Beads – this is a nice combination of glass, beads and toy. Not too big, not too small. It can also be twisted once inserted, although being smooth glass just creates a slithering sensation.
- Glass Twirl Buttplug. This once is probably a bit advanced – but it’s a wonderfully intense feeling once you’re using it! Hylas and I simply call it ‘The Crank’, because I slowly turn that handle … and send him to the moon!
Uploaded By: Rotten Girl